Sunday, April 14, 2013

Creative Photographs

A lot of people who take photographs have trouble with creating interesting photographs. I've seen copy after copy after copy of a couple making a heart with their hands or a girl on railroad tracks. More people will be attracted to your photographs if you use your imagination and do fun photographs.
Props are the greatest way to seperate your photos from the others. I can't tell you how many times I've dragged a ragged old chair out into the middle of the boondocks just to take a cool photograph. If I could, I'd use couches and beds, but I don't think I could fit them in my car. The idea is to use props that look natural and beautiful. Seriously, you can use anything.
Old cameras (polaroid)

Another old camera (Holga)

Cute outfits! Feather Boa and Hat

Costumes

Beaches toys

Now theres a lot of "props" in this photograph that add to the mood. The chair, the cigarette, and the junk on the floor. It makes for a real good story inside the photo.

old trunks are the greatest. You can sit, lay, stand, basically do anything on them and theres like a million different places to use them.

Use things that go along with the season. The winter coats, the fur hood, and the gloves make the mood. Obviously it makes you think its winter.


Another great idea that A lot of people don't think of are live props. Pets are the perfect props. Dogs, rabbits, and especially horses. They are great to use to make little kids smile. When you take pictures of people, invite them to bring along their pets, they'll go crazy over the photos.
Using horses are always fun and cute

Don't forget the bloppers! I always save the mess ups, the strange, and the not-so- pretty photographs, they could possible make fun photographs and turn out to be pretty good ideas.

Me and my cousin were joking around about how strange it looks when people take photographs with trees, and then while she was making fun of it I snapped a photograph and instead of laughing at it later... we actually liked it.

This was another blopper I didn't think would come out looking good, but it turned out pretty cute. Reminds me of a miny Michael Jackson.

This girl has an obsession with mustaches, and I took some super funny photographs of her playing with her fake mustache... and I actually liked them!


1 comment: